This introductory chapter describes the book and lays out how SketchUp fits into the designer’s toolbox.
You can read it for free here.
SketchUp Models In This Chapter:
Below are two of the models that you can explore interactively in your browser:
View and download all models from this chapter on the 3D Warehouse:
Links In This Chapter:
Updated links will be listed here:
- http://www.sketchupfordesign.com – The book companion website
- http://www.wiley.com/go/schreyer – Wiley’s companion site for Instructors and students
- http://www.sketchup.com – Trimble SketchUp’s main website
- http://sketchupdate.blogspot.com – The SketchUp blog
- http://help.sketchup.com/en – The official help documentation (UPDATED)
- http://www.alexschreyer.net/category/sketchup – Alex Schreyer’s SketchUp blog posts on his personal site
- alexschreyer and sketchupplugins – Alex Schreyer on Twitter
Videos In This Chapter:
There are no videos available for this chapter.
- Chapter 2 covers SketchUp basics, work organization and introduces you to resources such as community websites and discussion forums.
Discuss Your Work:
You can talk to me or discuss general SketchUp topics with other users on this site in the following groups: