This introductory chapter describes the book’s content and lays out how SketchUp fits into the designer’s toolbox. It also provides some general information about SketchUp.
You can preview it for free here.
SketchUp Models In This Chapter
Below are two of the models that you can explore interactively in your browser (click and drag to orbit):
View and download all models from this chapter on the 3D Warehouse.
Links In This Chapter
Updated links will be listed here:
- http://www.sketchupfordesign.com – The book companion website
- http://www.wiley.com/go/schreyer – Wiley’s companion site for Instructors and students
- http://www.sketchup.com – Trimble SketchUp’s main website
- https://blog.sketchup.com – The SketchUp blog (UPDATED)
- http://help.sketchup.com/en – The official help documentation (UPDATED)
- http://www.alexschreyer.net/category/sketchup – Alex Schreyer’s SketchUp blog posts on his personal site
- alexschreyer and sketchupplugins – Alex Schreyer on Twitter
Sample Videos From This Chapter
There are no videos available for this chapter.
- Check out the News Blog to keep up with SketchUp news.
- Chapter 2 covers SketchUp 3D modeling basics, work organization and introduces you to resources such as community websites and discussion forums.
Comment On This Chapter
Use the form below to add any comments, tips, tricks etc. for this chapter…