From the Book
This chapter of Architectural Design with SketchUp reviews most of SketchUp’s basic techniques. You’ll also learn about customizing the software environment and adjusting settings to help you with your daily tasks.
Go beyond the book:
SketchUp Models In This Chapter
Below are two of the models that you can explore interactively in your browser (click and drag to orbit):
View and download all models from this chapter on the 3D Warehouse.
Links In This Chapter
Updated links will be listed here:
Sample Videos From This Chapter (2nd Edition)
You can access all Chapter 2 videos using the password from the book on Wiley’s companion site: www.wiley.com/go/schreyer2e
All Chapter 2 videos:
- 0201: Making your own template (included here)
- 0202: Trellis example
- 0203: Groups and components
- 0204: Applying and positioning materials
- 0205: Modeling a post cap
- 0206: Importing and scaling images (included here)
- 0207: Modeling from images
- Check out my tutorials on this site in the 3D Modeling category.
- Don’t forget to check out the official SketchUp Learn center for introductory tutorials.
UP NEXT: Chapter 3 explains how you can employ many different 3D modeling strategies to your advantage.
Discuss This Chapter
Use the discussion area below to add any comments, tips, tricks etc. for this chapter…